Radar-activated Strobe Light Kit for Speed Limit Signs
LR-15 is an effective traffic calming measure designed to make your Speed Limit sign noticeable when it is required. It is ideal for:
- Traffic Calming at residential streets;
- Speed Limit awareness at School Zones;
- Construction Zones Speed Limit awareness system (Orange LEDs);
- Public notification of a speeding event at Industrial Campuses.
LR-15 converts your street to a truly smart environment and widely extends the functionality of your existing road infrastructure:
- Activates strobe only if speed violation is detected reducing drivers habituation and unnecessary light pollution.
- Cautions pedestrians, workers, and drivers about an approaching speeding vehicle.
- Helps local residents to identify the speeding problem and report it to authorities.
- Seamlessly integrates with other smart devices via the embedded radio mesh network interface.
Key System Features
Made for quick and effortless installation, LR-15 does not require any special modification to an existing signs or poles. It features:
- Two high-intensity strobe lights (white or amber) which can be activated in one of 16 modes (wig-wag, synchronous, strobe, series etc.)
- Additional 12v@1A output for an optional “SLOW DOWN” LED panel or other external custom devices including cameras.
- Graphical OLED display and four navigation buttons interface allow quick and simple configuration of the unit. No additional software or hardware required.
- Up to one year of high resolution, detailed traffic speed statistics can be recorded to Micro-SD card. Traditional comma-separated files format allows for easy processing and analyses of data in Microsoft Excel.
Included Mesh Radio interface allows wireless activation of multiple satellite signs and integration with other Smart Road Infrastructure devices such as School Zone Beacons, Message Boards, Data terminals etc. In addition to this LR-15 is capable of communicating with smart-city systems via optional wireless gateways
|Size of the controller unit||7.87 x 3.93 x 2.75 in; 200 x 100 x 70 mm|
|Unit weight||2.4 lb. / 1.1 kg|
|Integral power consumption||0.3 Watt|
|Max. power consumption||1.5 Watt|
|Input voltage range||5 to 15 Volt|
|Batteries||Li-Po 7.5V, 6000mAh; Li-Ion 14V, 6000mAh|
|Complete darkness autonomy||5 Days|
|Operating Temperature||-20C to +60C|
|Max. Radar detection range||390 ft. ; 120 m (for midsize sedan)|
|Max. speed measurement error||+/- 0.5 mph; +/- 0.8 km/h|