Pedestrian-Activated Wireless LED Strobes System for mid-block or uncontrolled crosswalks.
*Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacons (RRFB)
The X-Guard 15L is a high-intensity LED flashing warning strobe system designed to improve safety at pedestrian and school crossings. A study shows the significant increase of driver’s compliance to yield to pedestrians, up to 95% from typical 15%-20%.
X-Guard is a smart microprocessor-based device which is wired to controls a rectangular shaped, high-intensity amber or white LED strobe lights. There are10 flashing patterns and 5 strobe speed settings available and can be easily configured via the onboard interface. This allows for 50 different strobe’s modes, including a wig-wag, rapid flickering patterns. The strobe lights can be activated by pedestrian with a standard dry-contact push button, Infrared (PIR) movement sensor and presence of a Bluetooth tag attached to person (e.g. school bag, stroller, smartphone etc.)
X-Guard 15L was engineered with an idea of achieving high reliability, affordability, efficiency, and simplicity of use. The goal is accomplished thanks to some features which are unique to this product:
- Light-Weight and Low Profile for quick and effortless temporary or permanent installation. The system can be installed on any type of pole including u-channel and telespar sign post.
- Optimized Power Efficiency and Integrated Solar Charger allows units to be powered by the combination of 20 Watt solar panel and light-weight Lithium-Ion battery pack.
- Digital Radio Communication eliminates the need for the digging of trenches between poles, allows automatic synchronization of parameters and operation of multiple independent systems on the same radio channel without interference.
- Graphic OLED Display and Keyboard makes setup of parameters and diagnostics a breeze.
- Onboard Micro SD Card Storage used to collect time-stamped crosswalk usage statistics which also includes direction of the crossing. In addition to this, each unit keeps automatic batteries voltage log. All information is stored in Microsoft Excel compatible CSV files.
- Optional Bluetooth Module permits automatic activation of the crosswalk when the presence of pre-programmed Bluetooth tag or smartphone is detected. The same interface can be used to manage parameters of the system through an Android App.
Standard X-Guard module can be customized with the following available options:
- White strobe lights (narrow-angle or wide-flood light).
- AC Power module (replacing lithium-ion batteries and solar panel system).
- Passive Infrared (PIR) Movement Sensors for movement-triggered activation.
- Addition mini-strobe typically installed on opposite side of a sign.
- Audible alert signal/siren.
- Retrofit kit for round Amber beacons
- Bluetooth Module for a smartphone or Bluetooth-beacon activation and wireless configuration.
|Module Dimensions||7.87” x 3.93” x 2.75” (199.90 x 99.82 x 69.85 mm)|
|Waterproof rate||IP66, NEMA 1, 2, 4, and 4X|
|Integrated Solar Charger||20W-60W solar panels|
|Battery Type and Capacity||One or two 7.4V Li-Ion 8800mAh|
|Output LED drivers||3 outputs, stabilized 12V, 2A per outputs|
|Input Channels||2 inputs (analog or dry contact)|
|Radio Interface||2.4 GHz, 16 channels, 600 ft. (180m) range|
|Onboard Storage||Removable Micro SD Card up to 32 GB|
|Onboard Real-Time System||Real-time and Calendar with battery backup|
Strobe LED Bar
|LED Type||6 pcs of 3W Epistar LEDs (18W)|
|Bar Size||20” x 2” (508mm x 51mm)|
|Strobes Size||1.8” x 7.5” (190mm x 45mm)|
|Guaranteed LED working life||30000+ hours|